Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Site & Forum Issues

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Staff

Default weather information

Not sure if this is a question or more some information for people.

I always see the weather in Anchorage Alaska because the only place in NZ that I can get weather when I use the search is Auckland which is at the other end of the country and completely different. I am not worried as I use other source for my weather information.

Am I able to disable this feature?

Sometimes It makes me laugh because at present some days we are having the same temperature in Celsius as they are getting in Fahrenheit.

SAHM to two school kids A ( 7) and R (5)
Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Staff

Wink

Ha! That's funny.

I think you are the only one that can see the weather report (it's individual for your profile so it's not something visible to other members).
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Admin

Kathryn,

Very sorry for the inconvenience. It's a nice plug-in from The Weather Channel, but the big limitation is that it only works with US Zip Codes. So, when folks register for the board, I have them input thier zip, and that gives them personalized weather. For folks that don't input a zip code, well, then they get Anchorage, Alaska. I figured I would at least make it something interesting.

Unfortunately I didn't consider how to work with folks that are out of the country. TWC doesn't deal so well with international information.

If you'd like me to change your zip to something a bit warmer, like Hawaii, I can do that for you.

Tom

Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS33 View Post
Kathryn,

Very sorry for the inconvenience. It's a nice plug-in from The Weather Channel, but the big limitation is that it only works with US Zip Codes. So, when folks register for the board, I have them input thier zip, and that gives them personalized weather. For folks that don't input a zip code, well, then they get Anchorage, Alaska. I figured I would at least make it something interesting.

Unfortunately I didn't consider how to work with folks that are out of the country. TWC doesn't deal so well with international information.

If you'd like me to change your zip to something a bit warmer, like Hawaii, I can do that for you.

Tom

I would take Hawaii! lol

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Admin

I hear you!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Staff

Not sure if I want to see Hawaii in the middle of winter. Especially as I in Celsius.

Don't worry Tom.

SAHM to two school kids A ( 7) and R (5)