Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Prayer Requests / Praises

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Hospitality Team

Default Prayer for family conflict

I could really use some prayers for the next few days. I have been praying about writing a letter to my MIL explaining my feelings in how I've (we've) been treated. It was brought on by reading the verses that say that if you have naught with a brother or sister in Christ, you should go to them and try to resolve it. Well, my MIL is famous for avoiding all conflicts and acting like everything is just rosy so nothing has been addressed for years.

Well, we received an email this morning asking for our opinion on how, when, and where to celebrate Christmas. She acknowledged that it is getting more and more difficult to have a "stress-free" get together and wanted everyone's "honest" opinion.

I told my husband I didn't think she knew what she was asking for by asking for my honest opinion! He said that maybe it was time she heard. So I spent the morning writing my honest opinion addressing the questions she asked in her email. I had my husband read it before I sent it because I wanted to make sure I wasn't too far out in left field or something. He agreed with everything I wrote and told me to send it, so I did.

We know that she won't "retaliate" or anything (she hates conflict, remember), but he said that I should expect her to apologies for "misunderstandings" and maybe deny some of the things. My thoughts are she will share the email with SIL and my SIL holds no punches when she has something to say.

While I pray that this opens the doors for communication and healing, I also am concerned that it might make things worse. I just need to remember that "all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord" (Romans 8:28) and leave it in God's hands.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesmama View Post
While I pray that this opens the doors for communication and healing, I also am concerned that it might make things worse. I just need to remember that "all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord" (Romans 8:28) and leave it in God's hands.
Amen!

I will be praying for this situation!
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Staff

here too.

SAHM to two school kids A ( 7) and R (5)
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 AM
CPF Senior Member

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Old 12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Joining you in prayer for healing in this relationship, Darcy.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
Old 12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Joining you in prayer for healing in this relationship, Darcy.

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Hospitality Team

I received a partial response back today from my MIL. She thanked me for being honest and opening communication. While she gave the same excuses as always and still shows double standards between us and my SIL, it has made her think. She told me that she didn't take communion yesterday because of the conflict and wouldn't until the relationship was healed. She said that she had more to write, but needed more time to prayerfully decide how much she wanted to share with us.

Please continue to pray for this process!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesmama View Post
I received a partial response back today from my MIL. She thanked me for being honest and opening communication. While she gave the same excuses as always and still shows double standards between us and my SIL, it has made her think. She told me that she didn't take communion yesterday because of the conflict and wouldn't until the relationship was healed. She said that she had more to write, but needed more time to prayerfully decide how much she wanted to share with us.

Please continue to pray for this process!
Amen, God is working on something and I pray that the healing starts soon!

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי
Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 AM
CPF Senior Member

That is a very promising response. I will be praying for your family situation!
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:14–17

Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
CPF Senior Member

Having open communication is always a good thing as long as both parties manage to express their feelings/thoughts without purposefully hurting the other people. I think that this Christmas will not be "stress free" now, but at least the next one might.

Last edited by crislem; 12-06-2010 at 12:43 PM.