Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Take a Break! > Spotlight Member

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Spotlight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Wow! That's awesome, especially that the kids can go to the park on their own.

walk 20-25 min to catch the bus?!?! Aargh! Frustrating. So sorry.

So, CoG84, what do find most rewarding about motherhood and what do find most challenging?
Our garden backs on to the playing field and park , tho i can't see park from here , i can here them , they've only been going to the park by themselves since last August , they both have to go together and they aren't allowed to go anywhere else . When Josh is 10 (next January) i will let him go to the village shop by himself , tho i will phone the shop and get them to keep an eye out for him first few times . Its a pretty safe village .

Rewarding - Seeing the fruit i've planted in the boys starting to grow/come out . They often bring me breakfast in bed or offer to do the washing up and drying up with out me asking them too . They can say some funny things like one time i was on the computer and i could hear them downstairs saying "I think we should do our homework" Dom then comes running upstairs saying "Mum can we do our homework?" "Of course you can"(like i'm really gonna say no to school work) as he goes running back down you him go "YESSSSS! Josh mummy says we can do our homework" , there is so many funny things they have said that just melts my heart .

Challenging - is being a single mum , doing all the work of 2 parents . Some days when i stop and think about it , i'm like WOW i do all this - cook , clean, sort out finances , food shopping , gardening , school stuff , church stuff , decorate and furnish our home , (did) run a car , do voluntary work etc . But then there are days when everything falls apart like last monday my washing machine broke down and can't be fixed , my TV has died but i can live without that , i have carpets that needs laying i can't do it and can't afford anyone to do it and friends and family tell me different things and i'm like aaaahhhhhhh , I'm on benefits and looking for a job and its complicated and difficult and frustrating and i'm saving for a car . When i'm ill i carrying on as normal as best as i can . BUT i do know God is in control and he is like my husband , that's why some days i can go WOW !
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildofGod84 View Post
Our garden backs on to the playing field and park , tho i can't see park from here , i can here them , they've only been going to the park by themselves since last August , they both have to go together and they aren't allowed to go anywhere else . When Josh is 10 (next January) i will let him go to the village shop by himself , tho i will phone the shop and get them to keep an eye out for him first few times . Its a pretty safe village .

Rewarding - Seeing the fruit i've planted in the boys starting to grow/come out . They often bring me breakfast in bed or offer to do the washing up and drying up with out me asking them too . They can say some funny things like one time i was on the computer and i could hear them downstairs saying "I think we should do our homework" Dom then comes running upstairs saying "Mum can we do our homework?" "Of course you can"(like i'm really gonna say no to school work) as he goes running back down you him go "YESSSSS! Josh mummy says we can do our homework" , there is so many funny things they have said that just melts my heart .

Challenging - is being a single mum , doing all the work of 2 parents . Some days when i stop and think about it , i'm like WOW i do all this - cook , clean, sort out finances , food shopping , gardening , school stuff , church stuff , decorate and furnish our home , (did) run a car , do voluntary work etc . But then there are days when everything falls apart like last monday my washing machine broke down and can't be fixed , my TV has died but i can live without that , i have carpets that needs laying i can't do it and can't afford anyone to do it and friends and family tell me different things and i'm like aaaahhhhhhh , I'm on benefits and looking for a job and its complicated and difficult and frustrating and i'm saving for a car . When i'm ill i carrying on as normal as best as i can . BUT i do know God is in control and he is like my husband , that's why some days i can go WOW !

What was your school experience like (did you like school? hate it? fond memories? something you'd like to forget? )?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Staff

What are you hobbies or interests?

What is your favourite meal to cook?

What are some things you enjoy doing with your kids?

SAHM to two school kids A (9.5) and R (7.5)
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Hospitality Team

If you could talk to anyone from the Bible (besides Christ) who would it be and what would you ask him/her?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Spotlight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post

What was your school experience like (did you like school? hate it? fond memories? something you'd like to forget? )?
School was a mixture . In some ways i hated it , some ways i loved it and in someways at the time it was horrible but in some ways looking back it wasn't that bad , in fact i have some very happy memories .

Worse things - getting bullied/picked on , not being very good at PE/sports , refused to take part in Sport's Day (so wish i took part even tho i wasn't very good at it) , accidently missed one exam . Detention for forgetting homework

Best things - Christmas nativity play and other plays, school trips and fun activities , history , school concerts , christmas parties for children with Down Syndrome , songs , summer fetes , friends , my french exam , Sport's Day .
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Spotlight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRD View Post
What are you hobbies or interests?

What is your favourite meal to cook?

What are some things you enjoy doing with your kids?
I love cooking , reading , watching films , painting and sketching

Favourite meal to cook ........ think it'll have to be roast dinner , roast dinner was the first meal i learnt to cook . I loved helping mum cook a roast when i was a child .

Easter last year , i made a lucky dip game . We have a pot/tub with lid and inside is lots of little pieces of paper . Each piece of paper has an activity/idea/outings on it , whatever we picked we do and if we can't do it we make something up that's related . Everything in this lucky dip i enjoy doing with my boys . Some of the things we get up to are ..... making weird drinks (mixing different drinks and adding sweets) , Pirates theme (we dress up , make a treasure map and using our imagination pretending the sitting room is the island and our with our map find the hidden treasure and can also look up in our bibles verses/stories on Treasure) , theme parks (went we can go cos its closed or don't have money or lack of transport, we make a picture of our favourite rides or how many words we can make from name of the theme park) .... there are lots more and i keep adding more .
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Spotlight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesmama View Post
If you could talk to anyone from the Bible (besides Christ) who would it be and what would you ask him/her?
Moses' mum and would ask her about her experience .. Our Lead Elder has been doing a series on Moses and when he talked about Moses' mum and felt a connection . Or Jesus' mum Mary and ask her about her experience . One of the hardest thing for a mum , is letting go of our children . Handing them over to God , sounds easy but handing them over to God could mean handing them over to our enemy for example for me having to let my boys see their dad , who smokes , swears and had abused me in front of them .