Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Take a Break! > Coffee Shop

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 12:59 AM
CPF Senior Member

Default Ever wonder where all your friends have gone?

I have not been on here for a long time. It seems like just about everyone I use to know is no longer here. Ever wonder where life leads them? What has happen to you in the last 5,10 or 15 years that has made an impact in your life? Example: I have lost a daughter in law to death and have watched my son go on to marry a great Women who has been a great Mom to my granddaughter. When I started on this forum, my daughter was 9 years old, she is now a senior in home school. I have managed to stay fairly healthy in spite of my weight. Tell what things have happen to you in the last few years.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:45 AM
CPF Senior Member

Hi Mo5, good to hear from you! Yes, I agree its a pity that some of the "old stalwarts" don't seem to post any more. I've been on the board for 4 years now (joined 0ctober 2012), and I think you and I have exchanged posts a few times. Heatherlynn popped in a few weeks ago after a long absence, to say "hello". Like you, I miss the contributions of long-standing folk like Cheeriokeeper and Buttrfli. Memoriesmama and Vanna still post regularly.

As for us, we are soldiering on. I am now approaching my 74th birthday, and our grandchildren are aged 10 and 3. The older grandchild is in her final year in primary school, and will transfer to secondary school next September. Rita's sister Doris passed away in June this year - she was suffering from an advanced stage of dementia, and had been in a care home for over 10 years. I had trouble with my left eye a few weeks ago, caused by a blood clot, and am still receiving treatment for it from the hospital.

In the meantime, our son Jonathan has become engaged to a lovely girl Melissa, and they are planning to get married in a couple of year's time.

So that's where we're at just now. Hope all is well with you -please keep posting. God bless.

Brian
Old 10-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Hospitality Team

I'm still here! I'm not on as often as I used to be, but that is because life is busy. I am now a mom of 11 children with another one due in January. Currently it is 10 girls and 1 boy. My oldest is 16 and could possibly graduate from homeschool this spring.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Spotlight Member

Hi all,

Not been on for what seems like ages and ages. Life can get so busy.

I'll re-introduce myself . My name is Lysandra and I live in the south of England, UK. I have two sons Joshua is 14 and Dominic is 12. They have just started years 10 and 8 at school. My eldest has grown over the summer holidays making him taller than me now eek! He is starting his GCSEs , besides the subjects you have to do (English, Maths, Science) he has chosen to do Music, Food Nutrition, Photography and Religious Philosophy. I have just started re-doing my GCSE Maths as I'm looking to be a Teaching Assistant next year I plan to re-do my GCSE English. I am also currently studying a Teaching Diploma. Currently not got a job which causing a lot of financial strain at the moment. In the last 9 months I've become an aunty twice . My youngest sister had her 2nd child last December a boy called Reuben and our sister in between us had her first baby last month, a boy called Theo . Theo has a cleft lip and Palate and was diagnosed with partial hearing last Monday ....My sister didn't have a very nice pregnancy and so it seems like one thing after another , she is be brave and strong.

Hope everyone is well and safe, I'm aware that America have hurricanes at the moment .

Lysandra x
Old 09-08-2017, 01:08 PM
CPF Senior Member

Hi CoG84. Great to hear from you again! Rita and I were down your way last week on holiday, around the Eastbourne/Brighton area. Also looked-up some old friends in Crawley.

Its good to hear about your plans to become a Teaching Assistant. Rita did that job for a number of years and found it very rewarding, helping the children in our local Primary School. Its good to hear the news about your boys progress also - they grow-up so fast don't they! Our elder grandchild has started Secondary School this week, and the younger one has entered the Reception class at the Primary School.

Sorry to hear about your unemployment at present, and also the health problems with your nephew. Hope and pray that these matters will all be resolved in due course.

God bless you and your family,

Brian
Old 09-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Spotlight Member

Thank you . I went to a secondary school in Crawley , grew up around Horsham . I live about 45 min drive away from there now , right in the heart of the South Downs National Park area .....I love the countryside !
Old 09-13-2017, 05:02 PM

I'm new on here but ya do not see many recent post. Such a shame I've read some of these post from months and years back seems like a great bunch of people sad they aren't on anymore. As far as wondering where life takes them...yes I wonder that a lot about people. In my past few years my youngest two began school, we bought a house, bought some dairy goats and chickens. AND My family started going to church.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:36 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildofGod84 View Post
Thank you . I went to a secondary school in Crawley , grew up around Horsham . I live about 45 min drive away from there now , right in the heart of the South Downs National Park area .....I love the countryside !
Yes we love the South Downs too, and that whole area of the country. We are always pleased to get away for a few days to the Eastbourne area.

We also have friends, Gill and Peter, who live in Crawley - Gill was Rita's bridesmaid at our wedding. Their three boys went to school in Crawley, St Andrews First and Middle School, and then Hazelwick Secondary School.

Rita at Beachey Head a few days ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-09-01 13.02.31.jpg (19.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Spotlight Member

I went Holy Trinity CofE Secondary School in Crawley . Me and a friend did a Babysitting course at the Hazelwick school ...part of the course involved designing your egg baby and then swapping with someone else's egg looking after their egg for a week ...I drop the one I was looking after on the last day