Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Default Hello

Hi, my name is Sarah. I met my husband 13 years ago today and we have been married for 9 years. We have 3 little boys together ages 5, 7, and 10. I attended small babtist churches as a child and adolescent but as I got older I departed and with the issues with my oldest son having a moderate functioning autism disorder I never quite found my way back.

He has improved a lot lately and on Easter before my gathering at my house my Catholic grandfather told me he needed to attend church near me (he lives in St Louis I'm down in Southern MO so he was visiting 2 hours from his church at home. ) We picked the nearest one. My husband and I liked it. We continued going any day we can be there for service we are. It is a non-denomination Christan center with a penecostal pastor so it's different than what I was use to before (my husband went to a penecostal church as a young child.) I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years before that I worked with ppl with special needs (must have been God's plan because I didn't choose that job that job chose me)

With all 3 of my kids in school now I am homesteading. (Not off grid full on lol). I hope I can meet some people who can help me on this journey of Christianity and can give me advice and answer the dumb random questions I will probably ask.

I'm sorry I edited so much was in a hurry when I typed this

Last edited by OpenHands; 09-08-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:51 PM
CPF Senior Member

Hi OpenHands, and welcome to the board!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:57 AM
CPF Senior Member

Welcome! I've also known my husband 13 yrs and have 3 kids!
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Old 09-15-2017, 12:59 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenHands View Post
Hi, my name is Sarah. I met my husband 13 years ago today and we have been married for 9 years. We have 3 little boys together ages 5, 7, and 10. I attended small babtist churches as a child and adolescent but as I got older I departed and with the issues with my oldest son having a moderate functioning autism disorder I never quite found my way back.

He has improved a lot lately and on Easter before my gathering at my house my Catholic grandfather told me he needed to attend church near me (he lives in St Louis I'm down in Southern MO so he was visiting 2 hours from his church at home. ) We picked the nearest one. My husband and I liked it. We continued going any day we can be there for service we are. It is a non-denomination Christan center with a penecostal pastor so it's different than what I was use to before (my husband went to a penecostal church as a young child.) I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years before that I worked with ppl with special needs (must have been God's plan because I didn't choose that job that job chose me)

With all 3 of my kids in school now I am homesteading. (Not off grid full on lol). I hope I can meet some people who can help me on this journey of Christianity and can give me advice and answer the dumb random questions I will probably ask.

I'm sorry I edited so much was in a hurry when I typed this
Hi,

I'm sure your questions will be neither dumb nor random. Ask away - we would love to have a discussion.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:23 PM

Default Hello Sarah!

Hello Sarah - thank you for being so transparent with your story - I think being honest about life circumstances can be very pivotal and take our thinkng in a new direction. It's happened to me numerous times in this journey through life. In and out of seasons - some more fruitful than others. But for me, the best way I can stay on track in my faith is to spend time with God - not staying busy and going here and doing that - just spending time with Him the same way you'd want to spend time with anyone you love.

We can talk for sure any time you want to!