Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Quality Time

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 PM
CPF Senior Member

Default Summer Holidays/Vacation

Our summer holidays this year have been a two-way street. Rita and I spent a few days in Sussex on the south coast of England. We went up the new viewing platform in Brighton, and had a ride on the "Bluebell Line" steam railway. Our train was hauled be a restored steam engine dating from the 1890's. We were also able to visit some long-standing friends in the area, and generally "chill out".

This week, we are back home and have been receiving visitors. A very dear American friend has been visiting over here with her husband. She lived near our church for a year while on a training course over here a few years ago, and was a great support and help in our church. She is back in England this week with her husband doing some sight-seeing and meeting-up again with old friends. This lady is now a Pastor in a Lutheran church in Madison Wisconsin.

What a joy it is to go away and relax for a few days, and also to renew acquaintances with old friends, enjoy Christian fellowship, and catch up with all the news in one another's lives.

View from the i360 Viewing Platform at Brighton and Victorian Steam locomotive on the "Bluebell Line"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-08-30 13.02.58.jpg (15.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-08-29 13.04.59.jpg (29.8 KB, 4 views)