Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Site & Forum Issues

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Admin

Default Tips for Posting Images

I wanted to pass along a summary of how to deal with images on the board, or rather some options you have to deal with images on the board. There are so many great features of this software package it’s sometimes hard to figure them all out.

There are several ways to deal with images on the board:

IN A POST you have several options:

1) Upload from Your PC - Upload an image from your PC with the "Manage Attachments" button. That button appears below the area where you
normally type your post. Images that exceed a preset size will be
automatically resized as they are uploaded to the board. When you come to the point in your post that you’d like to insert the image, find the down arrow next to the paper clip symbol (immediately above the typing area). Your image will be inserted at that point in the post. You might want to use the "Preview Post" button before you submit it if you have any question what it will look like.

2) Upload from Your PC - Upload an image (or images) with the "Manage Attachments" button, but don't insert that image into your post as you are typing. When you submit the post it will take the images you uploaded and put them across the bottom of the post as a series of pictures. It’s probably not going to be very appealing, so this isn’t the preferred method of displaying images.

3) Upload from an External Website - Again using the Manage Attachment
option, enter the link where the photo is stored and click "upload." The image will be imported into the board and you can again either insert it somewhere in your post or have it at the bottom of the post. Again, it will be automatically resized if it’s large.

4) External Links - You can also link to an external photo site without actually uploading them to the board. You do this with the small symbol that looks like a mountain, located just above the area where you type. Again, click on this symbol where ever you’d like that picture to be inserted. Although this is easy to do, if you link to a picture on an external
photo storage site and then you decide to move your photos to another photo storage site, the link that you embedded in your post will no longer be valid and whatever you were trying to show people will no longer be there. On the other hand if you upload that post (as described in 1), 2), and 3) above, the photo always lives with the post, regardless of what photo storage site you opt to use for storing your pictures.

In ALBUMS:

If you would like to upload images just to show people, without having them embedded in a particular post, you can use the Albums feature. Under your UserCP click on Pictures and Albums. In there you can add your images to different photo albums just like creating a photo album at home. I hope the info helps, and I hope you enjoy taking advantage of all the features that the forum has to offer.

Happy Uploading!

Tom

Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 AM
CPF Senior Member

Thanks a bunch for this. I have yet to master this. I'm sure this will help.

BD.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Admin

Yeah, it tends to get a bit confusing sometimes. Plus, I've tried a couple of different settings before I figured out what made the most sense. Some had thumbnails, some allowed giant photos which looked horrible, etc. I think it's finally at a good combination of what looks good and is still easy to use.

Enjoy!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hospitality Team

Thanks for the info. I thought the only way to do this was to use an external site so I will have to try the other ways as well.
Click the image to open in full size.