Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Site & Forum Issues

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
CPF Senior Member

Default Amazon Ad

The new Amazon ad at the top of the forums is causing me issues when I view this site on my mobile phone. I noticed when I logged in on my laptop that there is some kind of weird something (this specifically: border="0"> ) to the right of the ad. I wonder if this is causing it or if that should even be there? Just thought I'd mention it in case others are having the same issue.
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:14–17

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

I think I see what you're talking about (I'm viewing the site on my phone).

I don't think it's a problem; probably some code that's missing a character and no picture or graphic.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
I think I see what you're talking about (I'm viewing the site on my phone).

I don't think it's a problem; probably some code that's missing a character and no picture or graphic.
For me I can't click on any of the threads. When I do it's as though the Amazon ad is over extending into the entire page even though it doesn't look like it is...it's hard to explain. I'm also thinking something is missing from the code and maybe that is what's causing it. Not a huge issue but I do like browsing when I'm lying in bed at night
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:14–17

Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitnessforhim View Post
For me I can't click on any of the threads. When I do it's as though the Amazon ad is over extending into the entire page even though it doesn't look like it is...it's hard to explain. I'm also thinking something is missing from the code and maybe that is what's causing it. Not a huge issue but I do like browsing when I'm lying in bed at night
Hee, hee! Now THAT'S enjoying life's little pleasures, isn't it.

I've brought this to the attention of our very able admin.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Admin

"...very able admin." Well, that's questionable.

The extra characters were all thanks to a very able admin ERROR.

I've made the change to correct it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Also, can you confirm things look OK on your phone now? Mine looks just fine, but I only looked at it as a guest and not a member.

Finally, I was about to post an announcement that the board now supports the Tapatalk app. It's kind of the defacto standard app for folks that like to read forum boards on their phone. I believe the app is $2.99, but you can then use it to view any forum website that supports it. It presents the forum boards in a very readable way on your phone. I'll try to get that announcement up later today.

I hope that helps!

Tom
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
CPF Senior Member

It's not perfect but it is much better. Before I couldn't click on any thread without it just automatically taking me to Amazon.com. Now it only does it every now and then but I'm able to work around it.

I'll look into the Tapatalk and see if I like it.

Thanks for fixing it!