Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Health Watch > Kids Health Concerns

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM
CPF Senior Member

My good friend/neighbor also said their decision not to vaccinate was greatly influenced by their lifestyle. She does not work and spends a majority of her time at home raising her two boys. Going to the grocery store a few times a week and church a few times a week. They are thinking a lot about homeschooling.

She said if her boys had to be in daycare and/or public schools they would probably vaccinate.
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
CPF Senior Member

I agree that there is risk either way.

Cassandra is fully vaccinated. Eli is partially vaccinated. Next baby will only be vaccinated for a handful of things.

We've discussed each individual vaccine, the risk of it V the risk of the disease. We won't do Hep B, MMR, Rotavirus, chickenpox, flu vaccines and we are discussing polio-diptheria-tetanus-whooping cough. If I could separate the last vaccine (getting more difficult) I'd just give whooping cough and not the others. We also won't do guardasil when the time comes.

So that means that in Australia we do give Hib, Pneumoccocal and Meningococcal C. We will look at doing MMR as our children approach puberty, as it is during and after puberty that these illnesses can cause infertility, however I would still struggle with this, as the MMR vaccine was cultured on an aborted fetus, so I don't know if I could go ahead with it even then.

I agree that everyone needs to make individual choices based on their own family and not other people's standards. Where you live makes a big impact too, along with infant feeding preferences and lifestyle factors.

Wife to Stephen since April 2007
Mother to Cassandra Grace since May 2008
Mother to Elisha James since January 2010
Mother to Josiah Edward since March 23rd, 2012

In certain things unity, in doubtful things liberty, in all things charity- St. Augustine

I blog over HERE
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Hospitality Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitnessforhim View Post
First and foremost welcome!!!! So glad you posted and I hope you stick around. I think your story, even the short portion we see, is such a blessing to our community and probably anyone else you may come in contact with. Considering that 92% of all down syndrome babies are aborted in this country I would say you are one of the rare ones whose been able to experience the abundant blessings that come with these children. God is so good and he will ALWAYS honors life! And isn't it awesome to serve a God who loves us in spite of our past, in spite of our sin!?!

As far as vaccinations are concerned my best advice is to bring this to the Lord. He really will lead you in this decision. Whatever decision you make will be the right one for YOUR family!

Like the previous poster I can only share with you my families view on the issue. Our family has chosen not to vaccinate and I can share with you why.

Most importantly I believe that my child's life is ultimate in God's hands. There isn't a person out there who could take her life unless God himself allows it. This isn't to say we should go around testing God on this theory. That's not my point at all. I'm just saying that ultimately our lives are in God's hands. So no matter your decision God has your children in His hands.

Secondly, I know that man is fallible. What we know today can change in a blink of an eye tomorrow. I just happen to have little trust for the medical community (not that it doesn't have its place or hasn't been a blessing) whose entire practice is pretty much based on an evolutionary mindset. Our bodies come from animals, behave like animals and can be treated as such.

Lastly and the biggest concern I have with vaccinations is related to my previous point. Most all vaccinations are grown on animal tissue or cells. No matter how hard hard one tries we are guaranteed to see at least trace amount of animal DNA within every vaccine that is injected into our body. And if it isn't animal cells its aborted fetal cells. Now for someone who believes we evolved from animals and therefore we are animals this shouldn't be an issue. However, I know what an infallible God says about this issue. I also know what God says about those who take human life. And if I had to narrow it down I would say that it would be on this issue alone that I'd reject anything like this being put into my child's body.

Some other issues to consider is how serious is the disease if contracted and does the risk out weight the benefit.

I will add one disclaimer though. I do believe that if a mother chooses not to vaccinate she should be prepared to nurse her children for an extended amount of time. Formula does not come close to protecting a child's system the way that breastmilk does.

I am no expert of course but I hope this helps. Whatever you decide will be right for you!
Click the image to open in full size.