Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Health Watch > Kids Health Concerns

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 12:09 PM

Red face My poor Ben

Ben is now 11 and is still wetting the bed.

After years of struggling with this, and medication and this and that, we have FINALLY been referred to a Urologist.

Our appt is the 24th of Nov. Hopefully we'll fin something out. I feel so bad for him. He can't stay overnight with friends. It is a very embarrassing situation for him.

We were hoping that being daignosed with ADHD and being on 2 differents meds would help. That's why were are now referred to the urologist. Our doc says that we need to dig deeper to the root of the issue

I really hope we can find a way to help him and that he won't need surgury

DEE.. wife to Jim...Mom to Clay(14) Ben(11) and Jesse
Old 11-06-2010, 12:31 PM
CPF Senior Member

My brother recently got over a problem where poop would leak out of him, it was gross...but I felt so bad for him. My parents didn't take him to the doctor about it until after probably 2 years of having this problem. I think he was starting to be made fun of. I think he's doing a lot better now though, he is also 11...that's why I thought of him when I read your story

I hope your Ben can get the help he needs soon so he can do bigger boy things
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
Ben is now 11 and is still wetting the bed.

After years of struggling with this, and medication and this and that, we have FINALLY been referred to a Urologist.

Our appt is the 24th of Nov. Hopefully we'll fin something out. I feel so bad for him. He can't stay overnight with friends. It is a very embarrassing situation for him.

We were hoping that being daignosed with ADHD and being on 2 differents meds would help. That's why were are now referred to the urologist. Our doc says that we need to dig deeper to the root of the issue

I really hope we can find a way to help him and that he won't need surgury
I will be praying that the urologist can help him!

(I LOVE the picture in your signature!)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.
--Phillipians 4:6

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
Max Lucado

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right."
--Billy Graham
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Staff

pray that all goes well.

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי
Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
CPF Senior Member

One of my son's was 16 before he stopped wetting the bed. Something happen in his teen years that corrected the problem. The Dr. could not find the root of it with him, even after many visits. All is well now and he is 23 years old.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 AM
CPF Senior Member

Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily445455 View Post
My brother recently got over a problem where poop would leak out of him, it was gross...but I felt so bad for him. My parents didn't take him to the doctor about it until after probably 2 years of having this problem. I think he was starting to be made fun of. I think he's doing a lot better now though, he is also 11...that's why I thought of him when I read your story

I hope your Ben can get the help he needs soon so he can do bigger boy things
Oh, wow, poor guy.

Ben has had accidents too but Idon't think it was leaking. He seemed to just not have the "urge" until it was right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyofTwo84 View Post
I will be praying that the urologist can help him!

(I LOVE the picture in your signature!)
Thankyou. I hope he can help too.

I'm glad you like it. I need to take another . Grizz has grown so much in the 2 weeks we've had him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_blessings View Post
pray that all goes well.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
One of my son's was 16 before he stopped wetting the bed. Something happen in his teen years that corrected the problem. The Dr. could not find the root of it with him, even after many visits. All is well now and he is 23 years old.
Awww poor guy. What did you do to help ease the situation? There are just things that we can't do because of the accidents. Like vacation and staying in hotels, letting him sleep over anywhere stuff like that are just not easy to do. KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren View Post
Thank you

Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 AM
CPF Senior Member

DeDee,
With my son he was huge. 220lbs and 6foot. We had to make him wear a depends(Adult diaper) when on vacation. We had no choice or he could sleep in the bathtub. As he got older the bathtub was no longer an option. When he was younger, sleeping in the bathtub was his choice, if he had an accident, he didn't have far to go to clean up. I however did lots of laundry. We tried to make things as normal as possible. He was only able to sleep over if he used an adult diaper and he seldom choose to because even with big pj's on you could still hear the swish sound of the diaper under his clothes. He outgrew the problem when he was 16 and his body grew into all his changes. He never had a problem with it ever again. He is now 23.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Staff

Quote:
DeDee,
With my son he was huge. 220lbs and 6foot. We had to make him wear a depends(Adult diaper) when on vacation. We had no choice or he could sleep in the bathtub. As he got older the bathtub was no longer an option. When he was younger, sleeping in the bathtub was his choice, if he had an accident, he didn't have far to go to clean up. I however did lots of laundry. We tried to make things as normal as possible. He was only able to sleep over if he used an adult diaper and he seldom choose to because even with big pj's on you could still hear the swish sound of the diaper under his clothes. He outgrew the problem when he was 16 and his body grew into all his changes. He never had a problem with it ever again. He is now 23.
I am glad that the problem corrected itself!

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי
Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
DeDee,
Ben is a big kid too. He's 11 and is 5'3 and 160. I thought about the bathtub too or bringing and air matress. It's just so hard. I know he's embarassed. he refuses to wear the undergarments.

I too do lots of laundry and he now sleeps on a air mattress at home. I feel so bad for him. same thing every morning . Wake up dash out of bed get the soiled stuff out the back door or in the washer , get in the shower. Day after day, after day