Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Health Watch > Kids Health Concerns

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Default Jesse is sick

OK.. so last night we went to some friends house. The kids decided to snack on some watermelon. Most munch happily but Mitc spoke up and said it tasted funny. J said it was just probally "the fridge taste". All the kids had some. the bowl was sitting on the table and J grabbed a chunk spit it out.. It was SOUR. She dumped the remaining away.

So jump to 3 am Jess fussed and had a mild fever. He snuggled with me and went back to sleep. At 8 when he woke , still had a fever.. I gave tylenol and then I snuggled him, he went to sleep.. I left for work and DH called and said he had thrown up twice

Do you think it was the melon or just bad timing?

Ben never complained this morning.

DEE.. wife to Jim...Mom to Clay(14) Ben(11) and Jesse
Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Leader

Wow... this is amazing. I cut a watermelon last night and it was sour... it looked fine but when I tasted it - it was awful!!! I threw it out. No one ate it but my 5 year old woke up sick this morning. He had a stomachache and he threw up twice. So the watermelon was not related ... but what a coincidence that you and I both had sour watermelons and a sick child today.
Praying your little one feels better soon. Mine is running around this afternoon, he slept most of the morning though.

Last edited by Luv4kids; 08-25-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Oh, this is awful. Praying for quick and continued healing for your little ones, De & Sherry.

I have not liked a lot of the watermelon this season. Something *suspicious* about it, like it's been pumped with sugar and dye. After the last "fake-tasting" one I decided I would not buy any more till next yr.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4kids View Post
Wow... this is amazing. I cut a watermelon last night and it was sour... it looked fine but when I tasted it - it was awful!!! I threw it out. No one ate it but my 5 year old woke up sick this morning. He had a stomachache and he threw up twice. So the watermelon was not related ... but what a coincidence that you and I both had sour watermelons and a sick child today.
Praying your little one feels better soon. Mine is running around this afternoon, he slept most of the morning though.
OH WOW!!Yea that is amazing!

Glad you guy is feeling better.

Jess seems to be the lone sick child but he is on the mend. No more throwing up. Has held down pedialyte and bites of popsicle. He still is blazing hot with a fever but it was time to redose with some motrin.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Oh, this is awful. Praying for quick and continued healing for your little ones, De & Sherry.

I have not liked a lot of the watermelon this season. Something *suspicious* about it, like it's been pumped with sugar and dye. After the last "fake-tasting" one I decided I would not buy any more till next yr.
Thanks

Yep! this years produce around here has been off , too. We use t get wonderul Woonsocket melons but due to weather conditions they are just YUCK!! Also they try to do all these "hybrid" variety of produce. They just need to get back to the basics of what the Lord gave us to begin with instead of fooling with it

Also we sale sweet corn in our farm but this year small ears and just not good quality But I have tons of cucumbers ans zucchini!
Made 7 quarts of dill pickles and will be doing more shortly

Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Leader

sorry your little one was sick!

we didn't like the watermelon this season either.
last year it was the tomatoes..they got blight.
this year, i guess it's the watermelon! haha!
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Jess stayed feverish most of the night I'm probally going to kick myself but......... I gave him a bottle. He was just so droopy and out of it.He struggled holding his cup This way he layed back and drank all of it.

This morning he woke and I debated taking him to the clinic. Dosed with motrin, had some more pedialyte, then he started to perk up. He started talking. He took a bath and then wanted a little to eat.

He had some popsicle and van pudding . Just little bites. Then he saw his Dad outside and ran to him, then started to play with the cat. Sooooo... I think he is doing 100% better then last night

he was cool and playful

Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Leader

that sounds typical. usually it's worse at night and they feel better duriing the day.
keep watch on him though this evening. he gets well soon!
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12