Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Health Watch > Kids Health Concerns

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
I went to CVS Pharmacy yesterday w/ my "recall" and they gave me store credit for it.
Oh how I wish I could remember where I got mine from!! I guess I could just try taking it back and they'll tell me if I didn't get it there. It's probably only 1 of 2 places.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (Col. 3:12-13)
Old 05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
CPF Senior Member

I usually only use store brands. Went to stock up (cutting 3 molars at once over here!) and found target brand to be super inexpensive only like 3 something compared to like 6 for the name brand. Just thought I'd pass that on. It's all the same stuff and the target brrand is dye free too!
Doggie Mommy to Winston (3yo Goldendoodle)
"We love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19
Old 05-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmy911 View Post
Oh how I wish I could remember where I got mine from!! I guess I could just try taking it back and they'll tell me if I didn't get it there. It's probably only 1 of 2 places.
Leah, it was 1 of 2 places for me too (CVS or Stop and Shop). Since I'm a regular customer at CVS I took it there and they have signs all over the shelves saying they are cooperating with the recent recall. The clerk gave me no problems about returning w/o a receipt (she said she'd been taking returns without receipts all day long).

Quote:
buttrfli:
I usually only use store brands. Went to stock up (cutting 3 molars at once over here!) and found target brand to be super inexpensive only like 3 something compared to like 6 for the name brand. Just thought I'd pass that on. It's all the same stuff and the target brrand is dye free too!
That's good to know, thanks! I love Target!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttrfli View Post
i only buy the dye free store brands.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
I've never even heard it called "paracetamol". I've only heard it called acetaminophen if not called Tylenol.
It's generic names are Paracetamol and acetaminophen but I've only heard it called the latter in my pharmacy class. I know it by so many names but only ever heard of Tylenol from Americans the rest of the world seems to know what I'm talking about when I call in paracetamol. Is Tylenol a brand name like Panadol, Pamol, etc.? I'm guessing that it's you main brand like Panadol is the main brand over here and people often call it Panadol even if it's another brand. It sucks when medicines need to be recalled. I'm glad they do but it makes everyone nervous about using medicines from the same company and sometimes they need it. If only we lived in a perfect world.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Leah, it was 1 of 2 places for me too (CVS or Stop and Shop). Since I'm a regular customer at CVS I took it there and they have signs all over the shelves saying they are cooperating with the recent recall. The clerk gave me no problems about returning w/o a receipt (she said she'd been taking returns without receipts all day long).
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttrfli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliszabeth View Post
It's generic names are Paracetamol and acetaminophen but I've only heard it called the latter in my pharmacy class. I know it by so many names but only ever heard of Tylenol from Americans the rest of the world seems to know what I'm talking about when I call in paracetamol. Is Tylenol a brand name like Panadol, Pamol, etc.? I'm guessing that it's you main brand like Panadol is the main brand over here and people often call it Panadol even if it's another brand. It sucks when medicines need to be recalled. I'm glad they do but it makes everyone nervous about using medicines from the same company and sometimes they need it. If only we lived in a perfect world.
Vanna - I returned mine to the store I was pretty sure I purchased it from. At first the cashier acted like she couldn't take it back without a receipt, but then when she scanned it and it came up as product recalled, she asked her manager and they immediately said they would take it back regardless. They just gave me store credit, which was fine with me.

Liz - thanks for that information. Is it just the Tylenol that Target has a store brand of or is it the Motrin as well? I will have to look into that as I only use the dye-free medications with my kids if it's available.

eliszabeth - Yes, Tylenol is the brand name, but it is also labeled as acetaminophen.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (Col. 3:12-13)
Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
CPF Senior Member

Yes, target has both acetaminophen and ibuprofen! I am so excited about it. Going to take back my grocery store brand and get more Target! Gotta love Target!
Doggie Mommy to Winston (3yo Goldendoodle)
"We love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Vanna - I returned mine to the store I was pretty sure I purchased it from. At first the cashier acted like she couldn't take it back without a receipt, but then when she scanned it and it came up as product recalled, she asked her manager and they immediately said they would take it back regardless. They just gave me store credit, which was fine with me.
I'm so glad to hear it worked out for you. (((Sigh))) uninformed store clerks can be soooo annoying.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
eliszabeth - Yes, Tylenol is the brand name, but it is also labeled as acetaminophen.
Spectacular. Now I know what people are talking about and I don't have feel conserned when people tell me it's baby asprin.