Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Raising Christian Children > Education

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 04:34 PM

Thankfully you have loads of time to think through your options and pray for God's leading. Only He knows where your son will grow and thrive the best.

As a parent who homeschooled, and then sent our children to private schools and public schools, I will say this - there are pros and cons to each. There is never one right or wrong answer, so decide right now that you will refuse to be influenced by those other mothers who think they have the answer for you. This decision belongs to you and God only.

I will give you a little snippet of the pros and cons I encountered from my own experiences.

1. Homeschool pro - discovering your child's learning style (auditory, visual, or hands on) and designing a method to ensure they succeed while challenging them at the same time. Picking and choosing extra curricular activities that will enhance their understanding of the world they live in.

Homeschool con - Tendency to stray from a disciplined schedule

2. Private school pro - knowing that strict rules and guidelines will help shape your child's view of the real world and their place in it. Christian related atmosphere at all times, even when kids attending the school are not Christians

Private school con - the expense more than anything - no money left for college for us (we had 4 kids in private schools)

3. Public school pro - the city has more dollars to spend on equipment in the classroom and sports.

Public school con - the ungodly environment. Many children that have made a statement of faith in their own personal lives do become witnesses for Jesus, but this doesn't happen across the board.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss anything! I'm here to help!

Last edited by lovingladyo; 10-15-2017 at 05:01 PM.