Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Family Finances

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 06:26 PM

Question How to Choose Where to Tithe

When I was studying this past week (about another subject, not necessarily finances), I was led to several verses about honoring God by giving back to him the first of what was given to us, particularly as in Proverbs 3:9-10.

We haven't been tithing, all our money has been going to bills. We're carrying a high credit card debt. But that's another story.

Simply for now, I'm wanting to start giving the first 10 percent of my paycheck. It's not much, but it's a start. I'm just not sure where to give that money. I know most people just give it to their church. We just started in a new church, and we do enjoy it. And I'm not saying I want to deprive them of our little tithe - but I do want to give where GOD wants me to give. There's so many organizations out there working to spread the gospel and doing things for His children.

How do you decide where to give your "first fruits"? I'm not sure where God is leading me to, but I do know I need to start trusting and obeying Him, even with (or especially with) our money!

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

Rushell
Old 01-31-2017, 06:39 AM
Hospitality Team

We always tithe to our local church first. My husband works two jobs (bi-vocational pastor). 10% from his full-time job goes to our local church. 10% from his preaching is divided between some local organizations that we feel called to support (local pregnancy center which is my passion) and the local Christian radio station (which is is passion). We also give above the 10% when we feel called to other organizations.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:21 PM
CPF Senior Member

Probably to your church, your gleaning the teachings of the pastor, so pay him for them
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors