Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Keeping Your Marriage Strong

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM

Male perspective here: A true man should want to care for those under his care... that includes you, his wife. Sadly, many men today are just grown up boys who want their toys and playtime and no responsibility. You seem to be in a tough situation since your husband doesn't appear very open to the level of openness you are wanting. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with any of the desires you have for information or limitations. But I think unless your husband is mature enough and humble enough, he won't take it well.

And as others have mentioned (or implied)... if he's not a full-on true believer, you can expect resistance.

Carey Green
Marriage & family coach, speaker, author
URL: www.ChristianHomeAndFamily.com
URL: www.CareyGreen.com
Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM

Thank you very much to EVERYONE who replied!

Well, I began to write up another response, which then started to turn into the novel I had feared. It's a good thing I did. When I was almost done with it, I reviewed it once more. Seeing everything I had written, I could kind of step back from my own situation and see it as an outsider might see it. Strange how things look so different from when reading it as opposed to living it. That is when it finally dawned on me what was bothering me so much. I'll post it in another thread.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:51 AM

I agree with Whitnessforhim. It sounds to me like he is running or hiding from something. I think that intervention with a lot of prayer is a good idea.