Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Keeping Your Marriage Strong

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
CPF Senior Member

Lightbulb Titus 2.5

Titus 2:5

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I know this scripture is clearly stating what a godly wife should be but i wanted to open sone discusion on each point and what it means to you /in your marraige .

Discreet - my take would be keeping our buisness to ourselves and a select few when a third party is needed for advise or discussion .

Chaste - modest in dress and actions and words .

Keepers of the home - my take would be that the mother is the main keeper of her home , she has most domestic duties and it is she who make the house a home with cooking , baking etc

Good - i am a little stumped with this one .....

Obediant to their own husbands - well that is clear , his decisions are final and i submit to him .

The word of God not be blasphemed - we honor the word of the Lord and uphold in full respect and final word .

what are your thought
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Staff

Smile "Good"

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

I conclude that "good" is referring to the wife's conduct and thought-life. Her conduct (the outward) and her thought-life (the inward) should be "good" in character and not bad or evil as an everyday conduct. Obviously, this doesn't mean she's without sin, but her conduct in general will be good or kind.