Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Keeping Your Marriage Strong

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleo30 View Post
We used to when my husband came home at night. The boys went to bed at 8, and we spent an hour or so sitting on the couch and talking.

Is sitting and talking with your husband important to you? If so, I'd try to make him realize how important it is.

I don't think guys realize that need. Doug and I just read His Needs, Her Needs together. It was enlightening for him. The author (can't remember his name off the top of my head) said that affection and intimate conversation were two of women's greatest needs. He basically told the guys that our need for conversation and affection (and they often go together) is as great as their need for sex. Our husbands certainly don't find it odd to make time for that part of marriage.

Anyway, I greatly miss face to face conversation now that Doug is gone all week. Communicating on the phone just does not cut it, and the weekends are so incredibly busy. This schedule is taking a toll on me.
That is definitely really true for me.

SAHM to two school kids A (9.5) and R (7.5)
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Staff

Lightbulb

There are times that naturally lend themselves to chatting (the ride home from church, date night, the late evening right before bed). We don't have a "let's chat" time scheduled, but we really don't need it. Both dh and I are extroverted so we don't have a problem getting up the nerve to talk.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
There are times that naturally lend themselves to chatting (the ride home from church, date night, the late evening right before bed). We don't have a "let's chat" time scheduled, but we really don't need it. Both dh and I are extroverted so we don't have a problem getting up the nerve to talk.
My DH is a introvert. I have to say that now time to chat does come naturally but we have had to work at it. E.G this everning we spent about an hour discussing a number of things from dates from up coming to events to some financial decisions from DH new job.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 PM

We talk about general stuff at dinner. We usually talk some at bedtime as well when were just laying there waiting to fall asleep.
Nana to three sweet babies - dgd 17months, dgs 5 months and a new dgd born July 2nd.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM
CPF Senior Member

We really just chat around other things we're doing. We don't have too much time alone because DH is often asleep before Michael is at night. We do seem to have plenty of incidental time to chat about everyday/pleasant things - it's finding the right time to talk about something that's bothering me about him that I find difficult! My only problem normally is he'll try to talk to me through the house as he's going around doing things (like after work) and I can't hear him properly. I kind if understand because I'm usually busy in the late afternoon and I don't want to stop and chat for too long, but I'll just wait for him to come back in the kitchen or wherever I am if I've got something to say.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1
Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Both DH and I are introverts, imagine that!

We were probably the only one's who understood why our oldest took forever to talk
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:14–17

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitnessforhim View Post

We were probably the only one's who understood why our oldest took forever to talk
My husband and son are both introverts. Our son to begin with didn't really talk around other people so much so that some friends were concerned about him. Now there are times we wish he would be quiet but still in places he is comfortable like home or the car.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitnessforhim View Post
Can't imagine it! Sounds like the impossible hurdle to me, but I'm sure you guys have made it work.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRD View Post
My husband and son are both introverts. Our son to begin with didn't really talk around other people so much so that some friends were concerned about him. Now there are times we wish he would be quiet but still in places he is comfortable like home or the car.