Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Keeping Your Marriage Strong

Notices

Old 10-25-2014, 02:34 AM

Default Hobbies as a couple

I am looking for ideas for hobbies that my husband and I could do together. We have very different interests but I think we are both willing to try something a bit different. I am mostly looking for things we can do at home when kids are in bed. Some things we already do are playing games and reading. We like trying different kinds of specialty/flavoured beers. We watch some tv but that doesn't count as quality time to me so something more interactive. Money is tight so we need things that are budget friendly. Any ideas? What do you do as a couple?
Old 10-25-2014, 01:47 PM
CPF Senior Member

Hi Rheimi,

Does your property have any garden space? If so, gardening can be a very enjoyable shared occupation. There is room for pursuing different interests and doing different jobs, while at the same time working at it together. I guess that in your part of the world, you are now entering the Autumn season (Fall) just like we are here, but you can start seedlings indoors during the winter, to plant out next Spring. It needn't cost a whole lot either - packets of seeds cost just pennies (I guess that's cents to you!).

If you don't have a garden, then how about cultivating some indoor plants, window-boxes, or whatever?

Just a thought!
Old 10-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Hospitality Team

I've been doing crossword puzzles at night and surprisingly, my husband likes helping me out (he is not a "word" person). We also found great fun in doing some remodeling projects together so we killed two birds with one stone (fun together and fixing the house)!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 PM

We love watching and discussing documentaries together. since he works out of town, we will watch them seperatly and discuss them afterwards on the phone.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

We're not a handy couple at all and we both have very different interests.

Our hobby is going out to eat. This also meets satisfies the goal of continuing to date your spouse. When money's tight, we just go out for dessert.

We also enjoy playing Quiz Up's (app) Bible categories (Bible, NT, and OT). Good, edifying, and free fun!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I am having some trouble with this site being redirected so if I don't reply it's probably because I can't get on.
I wish we had more garden space! We used to love gardening and grew a lot of our own food. We'll move next year and will be looking at locations with gardens. Unfortunately it's winter here already
I love the documentaries and games ideas. I've had to watch a few for school (I'm a college student) recently and my husband has joined me.