Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Take a Break! > Coffee Shop

Notices

Old 09-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Staff

Well apparently spring started here 8 days ago you wouldn't know it today as we have a storm with strong winds, rain and hail. Further inland and on the tops of the hills behind us there has been snow.

It is funny because in between the torrental rain and hail you get about 5 mins of sunshine and you think should I go do something outside but its going to rain again. Thats typical of a southerly storm for us. The wind will pretty cold.

At ten oclock we did make it to double figures but now at 1pm its 7 degrees. I was meant to walk and coffee with a friend but we will just coffee and walk.

SAHM to two school kids A (9.5) and R (7.5)
Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
CPF Senior Member

It's still very hot and humid here! I can't wait for fall!
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD born 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Old 09-09-2016, 04:59 PM
CPF Senior Member

Summer seems to be still hanging on for a bit longer here. They are forecasting quite warm weather again for the coming week, but I have a feeling in my bones that autumn/winter can't be far away!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:52 PM
CPF Senior Member

Just been looking at the TV news, and seeing the devastation caused by Hurricane Matthew in Haiti, the Bahamas, and now Florida. Hope all you guys across the pond are OK. You are in my prayers.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:10 PM
CPF Senior Member

The weather here continues to be unseasonably mild. We are in the last week of October, but the weather feels more like a mild summer's day. Hope I haven't spoken too soon....
Old 11-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Hospitality Team

We have had a pretty warm fall. Last Friday it was 68 degrees, but then on Saturday, it was only a high of 21! Today it is freezing rain and snow. I'm praying the poor weather doesn't stop my parents from travelling to celebrate Thanksgiving with us tomorrow!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:46 AM
CPF Senior Member

Well, after at least three mild winters, the snow has finally arrived in southern England. Not too much, but enough to freeze everything!

The view down our road February 2015 ....... and the same view this morning!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-17 12.54.39.jpg (11.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-01-13 10.46.01.jpg (21.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Hospitality Team

We haven't had a "normal" winter. We had ice earlier this week and then a few inches of snow yesterday, but by next weekend it is supposed to be up near 50. We are used to feet of snow and below 0 temps for days on end.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:39 PM
CPF Senior Member

Yesterday and today we have been seeing TV pictures of Storm Stella as its affecting New York and the North-East of the USA, with heavy snow and high winds. Hope all you guys in that part of the world are OK. We've been promised that the tail-end of it will reach us by the weekend, but that it will have mostly blown itself out by then, and we're not expecting any snow.

At the moment here in southern England the sun is shining, the skies are blue, and the daffodils are in full bloom. Spring must be here

Daffodils blooming in our road this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-15 13.17.05.jpg (32.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:26 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastingfaith View Post
Yesterday and today we have been seeing TV pictures of Storm Stella as its affecting New York and the North-East of the USA, with heavy snow and high winds. Hope all you guys in that part of the world are OK. We've been promised that the tail-end of it will reach us by the weekend, but that it will have mostly blown itself out by then, and we're not expecting any snow.

At the moment here in southern England the sun is shining, the skies are blue, and the daffodils are in full bloom. Spring must be here

Daffodils blooming in our road this morning.
I saw on my weather app that it was springtime temps in London! So surprising for the northeast states to be having colder temps.

Although my friends who are more inland did get a lot of snow, in my little coastal corner we were spared from the brunt of the storm.

Thanks for asking!