Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 05:13 PM

Default Hello from Texas (Introducing Us)

Hello!

This will either be a re-introduction or a long overdue introduction.

I registered for this forum (I think) several years ago. But never really posted much or read much. I've often searched for support for my personal struggles with depression, bipolar disorder and ADHD; as well as parenting a child with these issues.

Well, I'll try to be very brief in telling you a little bit about me and my family.

We live in Texas. I'm a stay at home mom/work at home mom. I work as a transcriptionist part-time from home.

I have been homeschooling my two kids, but my oldest, 13-year-old boy, refuses to do any school work for me without a long struggle and argument, and oftentimes just flat out doesn't do anything. We've had struggles with him nearly all his life. He is my strong willed child, destined for GREATNESS but VERY difficult to raise! For now, I am just holding on tightly to God, spending as much time as I can get in His Word, seeking His guidance and direction, ready and willing to follow His lead to learn how to be a better parent for my son.

And then of course there is my sweet daughter, who's 8. Developmentally, she's always been a bit behind her peers. This all started when she was almost 1 1/2 and they noticed she couldn't hear very well. Her ear canals have always been extra tiny (so much so that it required that special microscope to look inside her ears - no otoscope or doctor could do it), and so they would get clogged so much that it blocked her hearing. She's had ear tubes 3 times, not necessarily because of infections (although she had a few), but to help her ears drain so she could begin to hear! Well, not hearing clearly at that age hinders a child's ability to learn to speak. We signed with her a lot when she was younger, but she didn't actually begin talking in words and sentences until between 3 and 4 years). Other things were slightly delayed as well, like potty training. She just (finally) this past year has been able to sleep through the night without a Goodnites pull-up. Has been trained during the day since age 4-5 I think.

Anyway, homeschooling is working well for her because she needs more of the one-on-one attention that she couldn't get in a regular classroom. But she does LOVE school, actually going to school and playing with the other kids, etc., so she goes to a part-time school 3 days a week from 9:30 to 1:30. It is more like a drop-off co-op actually than a formal school. But they support me, and we bring our own curriculum from home for her to work on. They also do a lot of hands-on activities for science and history stuff. A bit like KONOS if anyone has heard of that My work schedule has been more hectic, so I wasn't able to work with my daughter (or my son actually) and give them the time and attention they need on their schooling. I just don't have the energy to do it all. So her school was like a BIG answered prayer for us! And my daughter just LOVES it. She is so excited and happy every time I pick her up.

And speaking of energy. For the past several months, I've felt like I'm growing elderly before my time. (I'm 45, but feel like I'm in my 70s). I've got upper back and shoulder pain, neck pain and stiffness, and just feel so exhausted all the time! However, that's getting better. I mean, the pain varies, sometimes it hurts more than other times. I've started seeing a doctor at a hormone specialty clinic and have been receiving hormone replacement therapy. Also, they discovered I was hypothyroid, so I take the thyroid meds too. Little by little. I take medication for my depression and ADHD symptoms as well. My son hasn't taken medication for about 2-3 years now. It just never helped him like it has me.

Again, I've been focusing more and more on putting God FIRST and seeking and finding in His word the answers I seek and long for. And God has been SUPER QUICK at answering my prayers. It's so AMAZING. Seek and you will find...SO SO true. There have been times in my life where I have had to be still and wait on the Lord. But I'm just in awe of how quickly he has been speaking to me and how I'm able to hear Him more clearly since I decided to rededicate this time to Him. I was saved many years ago around the age of 17, but with the exception of my high school and college days when I had that new believer's hunger for God and couldn't get enough, I haven't spent much time reading the Bible at all. It was always so overwhelming and I never knew just where to start, and I guess it got kind of boring. I would read, but wouldn't really get much out of it. (If that makes sense). Not the case now! I'm keeping a prayer journal as well as a bible journal. And as you can tell by this "brief" post, I'm a writer! And I write A LOT!

So with that, I'll come to a close. I'm kinda looking to find someone to talk to about things I've been learning and such through my Bible reading, so I'll probably post more throughout the different boards here. See you all out there!

God Bless!!

Rushell
Old 01-31-2017, 06:41 AM
Hospitality Team

Hello!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:23 PM
CPF Senior Member

welcome!!
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Old 02-01-2017, 04:53 PM
CPF Senior Member

Hello there, and welcome!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Staff

Lightbulb

Welcome!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:15 AM
Staff

Welcome!!

Proud Army Wife! Hooah!
Mom_of_3_blessings Army Strong- 08/04
DD we lovingly call her Mimi - 02/01
DS1 we lovingly call him Papote- 01/06
DS 2 we lovingly call Spanky - 09/11
My heart - 06/10 - Our 4 legged son

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them.

האל ספק שלי