Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Raising Christian Children > Discipline

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 04:13 PM

Default strange son

Hi
There is something, I really don't know, what I should do.
Yesterday, I got home and went into my 12 year old son's room. He sat on his bed and masturbated with the lambskin rug that he got when he was a baby. I left his room without telling a word. Until today I haven't spoke about it to him. What should I do? Should I spank him?

Last edited by rudolfmueller; 07-16-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:29 AM

I hope you are genuine but this question makes me very uncomfortable for some reason and I would rather not offer advice but hope that you follow and find God. No offense.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:58 AM

Ok. Im genious. But it's ok that you do not answer. God bless you.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:10 AM

And I wish that you will always know what to do with your son. I hope that I find here a person who is mum or dad of a child that reach puberty and can answer what I should do.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:24 PM
CPF Senior Member

I think this question would be best asked in the "Just for Men" section of this site.
Mommy to DD 4 years
Mommy to DD 1 year
Mommy to two labradors

Last edited by emily445455; 07-16-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily445455 View Post
I think this question would be best asked in the "Just for Men" section of this site.
Why just for man? I think it's important that Mother and Father care for their children. Where would the just for men section be? I haven't found it.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:11 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolfmueller View Post
Why just for man? I think it's important that Mother and Father care for their children. Where would the just for men section be? I haven't found it.
If you scroll down through the list of boards, you will come to a section headed "Just for parents", and the first board in this section is "Just for men". There is a similar board "Just for women" and each of these boards is restricted to those registered under the particular gender.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:17 PM

There is something, I really don't know, what I should do.

You should have a conversation with your son. He needs a construct or frame of reference in which to place this phenomena. You can start with the biological urges that males have. Those familiar with livestock are also familiar with these urges.

You need to help him understand that what begins as a biological urge can be abused when it is sought for pleasure. The biggest danger is that it becomes associated with mental imagery, such as fantasies, that grow to become obstacles to more natural relationships in the future.

At a more basic level, the cultivation of a life lived seeking pleasure is at the core of alcoholism, drug abuse, and general indolence. These pleasures are often called narcotic in that one becomes jaded and needs increasing intensity and frequency in order to sustain an effect.

Parents should be encouraged to teach their children to integrate their faith into every aspect of daily life. In this area, an appeal can be made to the strength of character developed in seeking to resist the diversion of a natural urge into a dissolute path. Differentiation should be made between the relief of biological urge and the seeking of physiological stimulation.

Christian parents sometimes just assume that their children are Christian when they might not be. A non-Christian child may have greater difficulty dealing with life temptations as they are unable to draw upon the in-dwelling Holy Spirit to help them in their struggles. As parents we need to consider how to best equip our children to deal with life’s temptations and provide them with skills, management techniques, and understanding with which to prepare themselves to survive the wiles of the devil, the allure of the world, and the weakness of the flesh.

Some people can look to their childhood and see how their weakness in a particular area (i.e. drugs, alcohol, gambling, womanizing, etc.) began at an early age. Parents should try to identify such areas in order to help the child focus on protecting particular areas of vulnerability. For example, the child who finds it difficult to quit a video game, may not want to get too close to a slot machine when they are older.