Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Life At Home > Hobbies

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 01:42 PM
CPF Senior Member

Default Bunnies

Our grandchildren have recently acquired two pet rabbits - Bing and Flop - who are now living happily in their new residence in our garden.

......................Sunbathing.................. ........................................close company................................on top of the world..............................the bunny residence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-05-21 12.00.01.jpg (25.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-05 17.52.24.jpg (31.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-05 18.01.22.jpg (21.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-05 18.01.43.jpg (17.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-25-2015, 09:52 PM

How cute they are! I think raising animals is a great thing for kids!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Hospitality Team

Our girls keep asking for bunnies/rabbits, but we haven't made that leap. For us, whatever animal we have on our property would need to be useful in some way. It has been mentioned to us to raise rabbits for meat for our dogs, but that would defeat the girls' purpose for wanting them.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
CPF Senior Member

We have had bunnies for the past 7 years. Ours are pets, not meat. I love the ones we have because they are mini bunnies. One is the size of a small child size football While the other one is about two inches bigger. They are small and are great pets if you hold them a lot and get them use to you. The little bunny sits on my daughter's shoulder and watches TV with her. She had her first bunny for 7 years. He died in February because of kidney failure. She loved him so much I thought she would have a break down. I found two female bunnies about two months later and they are her new bunnies now. Rabbits are very sweet and they make good pets for children who want to be a part of their lives. Don't get bunnies for children who have very busy lives because rabbits are very social and they do not understand when they are ignored.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:22 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
We have had bunnies for the past 7 years. Ours are pets, not meat. I love the ones we have because they are mini bunnies. One is the size of a small child size football While the other one is about two inches bigger. They are small and are great pets if you hold them a lot and get them use to you. The little bunny sits on my daughter's shoulder and watches TV with her. She had her first bunny for 7 years. He died in February because of kidney failure. She loved him so much I thought she would have a break down. I found two female bunnies about two months later and they are her new bunnies now. Rabbits are very sweet and they make good pets for children who want to be a part of their lives. Don't get bunnies for children who have very busy lives because rabbits are very social and they do not understand when they are ignored.
Thanks for that - its really useful advice. I think our two are fairly social, although Bing (the small grey one) is quite nervous, and doesn't seem to like being handled. We have an enclosure for them to run around in, as well as the hutch, and nowadays the grandchildren sometimes sit in the enclosure with them and handle them and play with them. Its lovely to watch them.