Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > The Growing Family > Preschoolers and Elementary School Age

Notices

Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 AM

Default Feeling frustrated

I am so annoyed, frustrated and deflated with my twin girls. I have tried my best to train my girls to obey and have set out boundaries around the house which they are not allowed to go past from they were babies. They have never tired to go past these physical boundaries.

Today the girls wanted to play in the garden and I let them out while I was doing the laundry. After a short period I looked out the back and could not see them, so I run into the garden. They were not there and my heart sunk. I seen the garden gate was open and I run to the front of the house calling for the girls and I could not see them. As I got to the front of the house I spotted both girls in a neighbours front garden, playing. I burst into tears and ran over to the girls asking them what they had done. They both went quiet and said they wanted to play out the front.

I am so annoyed as I have been very strict on them not being allowed out of my back garden as it is enclosed. I don't know what to do next? Years of traning has not work! All advice is welcomed
Old 07-15-2017, 02:57 PM

Default Spanking

How did you discipline your girls? I think in your case, you should give them a good spanking.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Hospitality Team

More information would be helpful for us to give advice. How old are the girls? What type of discipline did you use in this instance and in other instances?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old Today, 06:51 PM
CPF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsusan View Post
I am so annoyed, frustrated and deflated with my twin girls. I have tried my best to train my girls to obey and have set out boundaries around the house which they are not allowed to go past from they were babies. They have never tired to go past these physical boundaries.

Today the girls wanted to play in the garden and I let them out while I was doing the laundry. After a short period I looked out the back and could not see them, so I run into the garden. They were not there and my heart sunk. I seen the garden gate was open and I run to the front of the house calling for the girls and I could not see them. As I got to the front of the house I spotted both girls in a neighbours front garden, playing. I burst into tears and ran over to the girls asking them what they had done. They both went quiet and said they wanted to play out

I am so annoyed as I have been very strict on them not being allowed out of my back garden as it is enclosed. I don't know what to do next? Years of traning has not work! All advice is welcomed
I feel your frustration, MumSusan. Sadly, I think parenting is very often a case of "one step forward and two steps backward". They do eventually begin to understand the message, but it takes time and constant repitition.

I think you said elsewhere that your children are still quite young, so it will be difficult, but for what its worth, we always tried to encourage our children to take ownership of their own behaviour, and that way it becomes in part their decision and their responsibility. However, this is something which comes with age and maturity. But its never too early to start.