Share This Forum!  

Go Back   Christian Parents Forum > Getting Started > Site & Forum Issues

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 AM
WhispyWillow

Default Confused with the timeline...

I am new here.

I am confused with the timeline.. It seems like I scroll through the forums, and within 5 or 10 threads I am back a year or more.. ?? It does say there are nearly 1200 members, so I was wondering if the date stamps are accurate. There are a few things I wanted to reply to, and checked the date and it was a looonnggg time ago, so I don't want to re-open super old threads.

Is it just a slower moving community?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Leader

Hey There! And welcome to the forum. If you want to see newer posts, click on NEW POSTS at the top of this page. This will show you the latest conversations.
Feel free to comment on older posts if you like, that is fine. We love to hear what others have to say even if its from a while back or you can start a new thread about the subject.
Hope this helps! And again - WELCOME!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4kids View Post
Hey There! And welcome to the forum. If you want to see newer posts, click on NEW POSTS at the top of this page. This will show you the latest conversations.
Feel free to comment on older posts if you like, that is fine. We love to hear what others have to say even if its from a while back or you can start a new thread about the subject.
Hope this helps! And again - WELCOME!

Best way to find the newest posts is the "NEW POSTS" in the top blue line (if reading from the right side you'll see Log Out, Quick Links, Search, then New Posts).
Colossians 3:15
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Admin

Indeed you are right about getting to older posts quickly. It's interesting to watch how the board has been growing. It's only a couple of years old, so many of the forum categories don't have a ton of messages in them. We have been growing steadily, but it takes a longggg time to get things really ramped up. As more people join and become active, there will be lots more "busy" threads to comment on.

One thing I find fascinating is that the large majority of people that register on the board never make a post. I'll bet less than 10% of the people that go through the entire registration process ever make a post. That, quite honestly, baffles me. So, regardless of the high member numbers, there are quite a few less people that actively participate.

I suspect part of that is the fact that we have a pretty narrow focus of who we appeal to, and the people in that group are inherently busy. Truth be told I'd love to see this board just explode with activity, and hopefully someday it will. For now, it's growing steadily, and we have some great discussion on here.

Along that lines, please make it a point to invite your friends. In the case of a forum board, it adage "the more the merrier" is absolutely true.

Welcome to the board!

Tom
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Tom,
To be honest with you.. I registered than forgot about it until recently.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Tom,
To be honest with you.. I registered than forgot about it until recently.
I've heard this from other users too (but in the case I'm thinking about, the member was active for a short time, then said she'd forgotten all about the boards).
Colossians 3:15
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 AM
WhispyWillow

I do that sometimes, because I will register, and wait for approval, and if it doesn't happen in a day or 2, I usually forget. I very, very rarely check my email unless I am looking for something specific.

Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense.

The other forum I post on frequently has almost 700 members who are active daily, so thats why I did a double take.